Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Two thousand and fifteen

The year that I could never imagined would arrive.. or at least as quickly as it did. The year that seemed impossible and yet it is here. The year I longed for and equally dreaded. Two years ago I was toasting to friends and family and 2 years of Peace Corps service from the kitchen of my aunt and uncles house. I was surrounded by  the people I love and care for most at home and who were next to me supporting this new adventure of mine, it was my going away party. I remember explaining to people that I would be serving in the Peace Corps from February 2013- April 2015. I also remember so clearly how foreign the year 2015 looked, it might as well said year 2099- thats how crazy it appeared. 

These past two years and especially this last year have meant so much for me. In 2014 I lived a whole year abroad in another country, completed 1 year of service, spoke more spanish words consecutively then my native language, stood next to my sister as she married the love of her life, planted 400 trees, toured a natural wonder of the world, danced till the sun came up, crossed borders, helped build a house, translated for 18 canadians, perfected my cinnamon bun recipe and loved a lot. 2014 was a year to remember. I was the happiest I’ve been in a while and felt more alive then ever before. I could have never prepared myself for the amount of fun, adventure and pure excitement that was shared in 2014. 

This morning when I was trying to meditate and reflect on 2014 and the best memories, moments and what have you’s... I kept getting stuck, because 2014 was the best. It was the best of everything. I cannot pick just one moment or memory, it was all so incredible, full of life and love and most importantly happiness. My hope for 2015 is to be better then 2014, if thats possible. Thats scary because I don’t know what my next adventure is or where I will be in 2015 or what I will be doing. But after having the best year in 2014 I know one thing about 2015 it can only get better. 


I hope that for all of you too. To believe in the new year, new things, new adventures and better things. I truly believe things get better with time and we are always changing and change gives us a chance for something better. So here’s to 2014 for being the best yet and for 2015- you have some major shoes to fill but I cannot wait! I am ready for new adventures, new friends, new experiences and the celebration of another year lived in this beautiful world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment