Thursday, August 21, 2014

Friendship Day

International friendship day in celebrated on July 30th. Although it is international I don't think I have ever celebrated it in the states or heard of anyone that has. In Paraguay it is a different story. Friendship day is a huge deal and I love it and hope to bring that tradition back to the states one day. There are days to celebrates, fathers, mothers, lovers, martin luther king and free slurpees on 7-11 but a whole day to spend with your friends celebrating.. come on doesn't that seem great??

I spent that day at my health post with all my paraguayan friends. We spend a lot of time together during the week and these people have become my so called "friend group" in Paraguay and I am really thankful for them and what they mean to me here. We had a cook out- your typical Paraguayan asado and I made cupcakes and we had a gift exchange. It may seem a little over the top and at first I thought it was.. like most occasions here in Paraguay they take any chance to have a cook out but while it was happening I took a moment to look around and was so thankful to be celebrating with those people. Here are a few pictures from the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment